Thursday, February 05, 2009

Potential Co-Sponsors?

Drag Ball's quite an expensive show to put on. Especially with the big ideas we have for this year.

We've been searching for co-sponsors for the event, and here's who we had so far:

*I <3> Makeup (they're on board)
*Audio Engineering Society--to do our sound (they're on board)
*Dance Club (no response yet)
*Campus Activities (we don't know for sure...)



I've also contacted Marie E., a freshman art student to do our human-animal things. Last semester she was searching for "human canvasses" for an art project she was doing. It inspired me to create caged "animals" out of volunteers.


Wouldn't that be cool to walk in and see a tiger-lady or an elephant-man? I don't know how it will turn out, but I just cross my fingers and hope it will be as avant-garde as possible. Like this:





(of course, with clothing of some sort on...this is open to the public)



***And on the subject of co-sponsors, we are still searching for other co-sponsors for the Diversity Lock-In, which is set for February 27. If anybody's interested, e-mail us at lgbtqalliance@webster.edu.




We have a meeting tonight! Hopefully I'll see you there! Tonight, 9:30 p.m., University Center Presentation Room!!


-Nick
LGBTQ Alliance President

No comments: